Congratulations to our long-time member Barbara Roux of Harvey County, Kan.! She was one of 13 people statewide to receive a 2020 Friends of Agriculture award from Kansas Farm Bureau. Barbara’s commitment to service and educating youth is outstanding!
Here are just a few of her accomplishments:
- 46 years working with Harvey County 4-H
- 45 years supporting Harvey County Extension
- 34 years as the shorthorn cattle superintendent at the Kansas State Fair
- 30 years of service to the Kansas Shorthorn Association
- 21 years hosting a “Day on the Farm,” educating thousands of children over the years
Barbara has served Kansas Agri-Women in many capacities, including most recently as secretary. She has received many other awards including the Kansas FFA Outstanding Service Award, the Harvey County Extension Appreciation Award, the Harvey County Fair Outstanding Service Award, Moundridge-Hesston FFA Honorary Chapter Degree as well as being included on the Kansas State Fair Wall of Honor.
We are proud of you, Barbara!